Thursday, December 3, 2009

Send Her Your Prayers


I'm on my way with Hurricane Peg to Anniston, Alabama, to celebrate the new ministry of my mentor at Grace Episcopal Church. That means for the next 36 hours, I will not be posting anything new here, but I invite you to check out the sidebar with "Brilliance in the Blogosphere" to sample some other thinking that is witty, thoughtful, and newsworthy. I'll be back to my own online "processing" by Saturday.

And please take a moment to send out a prayer to God for the ministry of Mtr. Lee F. Shafer as she is officially instituted as the rector of Grace Episcopal Church. Or, is it institutionalized? Only parish priests know the real answer to that one! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is institutioned, but at any rate it was magnificent, and I was so honored to be there and hear her pray in the middle of the church. The Episcopalians of Anniston are very lucky. It was so good, the young acolytes swinging from the bell rope, the paper dove swooping down on a woman's head and the new rector racing home after the service and the lovely reception. The whole thing. WOW!

Peggins