Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Date Worth Noting

I have some thoughts brewing and stirring in my head. But above all else, I am thankful on this day for the nineteen years that I have shared with my partner, the French-Texan Isabelle. As one friend noted on Facebook:
"Pas une petite affaire dans l'adversité, félicitations" (No small affair in adversity, congratulations)
To celebrate, we ate lunch at Waterworks... a place I used to frequent when it was at its previous location a few blocks from the state capitol building. It was a treat to have the Capri (an eggplant sandwich with fresh basil and mozzarella). Isabelle had fish 'n chips. And all was good!

Tonight is Erev Shuvuot at Temple Israel... commemorating the day the Jews received the Torah at Mount Sinai. Isabelle is facilitating a discussion, so we won't have an evening together. But we'll have some tea before she heads off... and I'll take advantage of the quiet in the house to finish composing my thoughts for a couple more entries. In the meantime, happy 19 years of unmarried, non-state-sanctioned bliss to us!

2 comments:

fr dougal said...

Congratulations! 19 years is a good innings by any standard!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, it is another year and I spoke to someone yesterday about you two. I must write down the date. I am so bad about this. Congrats to both of you, honey and glad you had a nice time.

Peggins