Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Over!

This morning, President Barack Obama fulfilled a campaign promise to repeal the military's anti-gay Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. Also today, the UN restored sexual orientation to the list of minorities included in protections from extrajudicial and hate-inspired slayings. Both of these important events gave me pause to give thanks. I have no words to express my joy and gratitude for this day. So, I turn to the prophet Isaiah:
Every valley shall be lifted up,
and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
and the rough places a plain.
Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
and all people shall see it together,
for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.’


And I say, "Amen and Amen!"



2 comments:

Phoebe said...

A wonderful new start for spring 2010-2011!

Anonymous said...

It's a great day!

Peggins