Saturday, May 26, 2012

Interfaith Eve

Happy Pentecost Eve... and Tikkun leil Shavuot, y'all!

In this Judeo-Christian household, my partner and I are having that rare occasion where both of our religions are celebrating feast days at the same time.   For her, this is the end of the 50 days of counting the Omer which commences after Passover.   I am ending the 50 days of Easter.

Both celebrations are a time for God's people to receive what they need to go forward to love and serve God, be it in the form of Torah or tongues of fire.  My beloved will be at Temple studying and eating ice cream (this is apparently the tradition at her Temple.  No Torah study should go without a treat!)  I'm getting ready for tomorrow's service, where I will be reading the lesson from Acts, serving the chalice and being honored as an EfM graduate. 

It's nice to have much to celebrate over a holiday weekend!

No comments: