Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Love? Maybe Get to Know Me First



This is one side of a church sign I saw as I drove along the roads of SW Georgia last week.  And when I showed it to my Jewish partner, I got the response I expected.

"Ummm, yeah.  We wish you wouldn't love us so much!"

It is a bit daunting to see a Baptist church with the message that they love Israel.  The "love" some Christians are extending these days is zealous.  They want the Jews to return to Jerusalem so that the second coming of Christ can occur.  And they want to be ready when that happens because... well... that's when the Rapture will occur and they'll be on their way to heaven while many of us will be left behind.  Now, I don't know that Hickory Head Baptist Church is preaching that type of message.  But given that the other side of their sign said, "America Repent or Perish", I have a feeling I'm not too far off in believing that they have a plan for when Jesus will come back... and the Jews have a special mission to get back to Jerusalem so this can happen.

What a message to ponder on the Day of Atonement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, that this message may make me a little worried. I don't trust it at all.

Peggins