Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You Go, Gainesville!

This is just a quick shout out of "Thanks be to Gainesville!" or at least, to 58-percent of Gainesville, FL, voters who rejected Charter Amendment 1 in yesterday's municipal election. The proposal would have specified which groups the city could show "preference" toward in writing protections from discrimination. As you might imagine, the proponents of Charter Amendment 1 had intentionally left out the LGBT community; thus it would have had the effect of undoing the protections the city and county have enacted... including domestic partnerships.

So, I don't care if you hate the UF Gators... I love Hogtown, and I love that they did not succumb to a vicious campaign of hatred toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered persons.

Thanks be to God! And thank you, thank you, thank you Gainesville!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so thrilled too, I wrote to anyone at Integrity and said you had made some calls. I am sure that the Lord is working for us.

Peggins