Monday, August 2, 2010

Prayer of Thanksgiving

The priest with whom I serve on Fridays at the noon day eucharist is celebrating a major milestone today. Fr. Lee Graham is 90! To mark this occassion, I ask that you pray this thanksgiving from the BCP:

O God, our times are in your hand: Look with favor, we
pray, on you servant Lee as he begins another year. Grant
that he may grow in wisdom and grace, and strengthen his
trust in your goodness all the days of his life; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.

Now Fr. Graham is a veteran of the Episcopal Church in Birmingham at the time of Martin Luther King, Jr.and the civil rights movement. In fact, he was one of the ministers who went to visit King in the Birmingham jail. The experience did much to shape and change this white native Southerner. So growing in wisdom... wow, he has a lot now. But I will trust that God has more to give him... and to give all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I can't believe Fr. Lee Graham is 90. Please give him my love when you see him or serve with him again.

He is a wonder.

Peggins