Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The "Anglican" Covenant Name Game


The defenders of the "Anglican" Covenant say in one breath that the document is necessary to find a way to keep everyone in communion, and then they say the proposal doesn't really carry any force and we're all getting worked up about nothing. Well, either it does something or it does nothing and either way it seems unnecessary and a needless poking at people's tender sides.

At any rate, while I think it's important to realize the gravity of this issue facing the Church of England's General Synod, I don't want to lose my sense of humor about this grand plan to save our marriage to malcontents who hate gays and women. Taking one's self too seriously seems very un-Anglican to me. So please look to your right and notice the poll that I have running leading up to the vote on November 24th. I think it would help those at General Synod if they were able to consider the "final" document on the table under a different, perhaps more appropriate, name other than "Anglican Covenant". The former being much maligned at this point. Perhaps a bit of truth in advertising might help those intent on selling this bill of not-so goods. If you don't like my name recommendations, you can always tell me what you'd prefer to call it.
Remember to laugh: it will irritate the irritable even more!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

Interesting voting. I suggest
ABC control document, or
We love the ABC document..or
No you won't TEC!

SCG said...

Or how 'bout:
Make Rowan A Pope?
I had one other suggestion come in via email that we call it the Contract On North America.

Anonymous said...

I am confused!

Peggins

Phoebe said...

I thought about making one about Rowan/pope.. but
contract on North America would also get my vote!