Monday, November 1, 2010

For All The Saints...



For a moment, put whatever is your own political persuasion aside, and just meditate on the image of a flag-draped casket with the paschal candle burning, and know that this is the love in the lyrics of the hymn "For All The Saints". This image made me cry, not just for the Ford family, but for all who have endured the loss of someone who has served the country.

May we join with all the saints in rememberance of those who have gone before, and in appreciation of those present with us, that we each continue in our journey toward unity with God. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Susan, I was so touched as I looked at the flag that was used at All Saints Day for your Dad at St. John's.I I remember President Ford's service at the National Cathedral and as you know I love that marvelous hymn.

Peggins