Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ascension

Grant, we pray, Almighty God, that as we believe your
only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to have ascended
into heaven, so we may also in heart and mind there ascend,
and with him continually dwell; who lives and reigns with
you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
--Collect for Ascension Day

COMMENT: I think this is the essence of the idea: "And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil." May we strive to treat one another as the incarnation of the Divine, and continually being stewards of our world. In this way, our hearts and minds remain lifted up and not mired in the muddiness of meanness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I sent you Fr. Denson's message to all of us and it also speaks to just the same thing.

So I guess the answer is to "Rise above it all" We will do just that, I trust.

Peggins