Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Prayer Request

Terry Galloway has shown up on this blog so often recently that I should probably give her her own category!

Today, though, I'm not talking about "Citizen Tay" who bravely defied the rules of politeness in a political forum to tell a homophobic County Commissioner to shut up. Today, I'm asking those of you reading who are believers in prayer to send one up for my friend as she undergoes a life-altering surgery at Shands Hospital in Gainesville.

Terry is getting a cochlear implant, the beginning of a new life with new ears. Her surgeon, Dr. Antonelli, has been doing cochlear implant surgeries since 1989. Wife Donna reports that all went well in the pre-op meeting, and the documentary film crew that is following Terry through this procedure got great interviews with him and others. If all goes according to plan, Terry, who is almost 60, will be able to hear for the first time since she was a toddler.

Understandably, Terry has been anxious about this surgery. Evidence of that is that she, the atheist who dismisses all religions equally, asked me if I'd pray for her. I said I would.

I also ask your prayers for Gloria, mother of my friend and fellow Faustkateer, Dona. Glo just had a 5-cm malignant tumor removed from her kidney. Word is that she made it through surgery, and is doing OK at the hospital. May she be restored to good health soon.

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve Terry and Glo, and give your power of healing to all those who minister to their needs, that they may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in your loving care. Lord, hear my prayer, and shed your mercy and loving kindness upon us. All this I ask in your name. Amen.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to both Teri and Glo and I am sure that with all of us who love them praying that God will listen.

Peggins

Phoebe said...

Of Course.. Prayers for Terry and Glo.. their doctors, nurses and friends!

SCG said...

Thank you, all. Glo seems to be recovering slowly, and might get to go home soon. Terry had a slight "issue" during her surgery, but the report is that she was out and eating... which is good.