Wednesday, May 4, 2011

National Day of... Oh. My. God.

I pray, both out loud and silently.  I pray in a church, sometimes in my office, sometimes as I'm walking somewhere and take in what is around me.  In other words, I don't have a problem with prayer or people who choose to pray.

But I am not a Prayer Warrior, and I am not a member of any task force for prayer.  I have always felt uncomfortable about the National Day of Prayer because it has always felt like its aim was for a certain type of prayer for a certain type of person... and I did not fit that mold. 

Clearly, I am one who must be prayed for!

Just look at the images in the promo video.  I mean, if we don't pray, then we won't be able to ward off the darkness that is hovering over... let's see, the White House and, oh, yes: San Francisco!  Not to mention the Midwestern farmland of the U.S.   I'm thinking that's Fulton, Missouri.



I have to say that after watching this video I am more convinced than ever that these folks are just wacko.  Thankfully, there is a parody of the "Task Force Trailer" that helps to mitigate for its misery.



I pray God will accept my prayers and supplications... and a pastrami on rye! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really awful!

Peggins