Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Own Private Tea Party

Happy Tax Day!! OK... I know it's not a "happy" day for many of us, and really my filing is in limbo. I have to recreate my travel for the entire year... and that is one very time consuming activity. So, I have punted... again... and am filing an extension.

Of course, I am tempted to tell the government where it can stuff its extension! Afterall, why should I, or any other LGBT person in this country, pay taxes if we are only 3/5ths of a person? Maybe they ought to institute a new rule: if you identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender... and you live in one of the 46 states currently actively, or passively, discriminating against your same-sex relationship... you will only owe the U.S. government 3/5ths of your actual taxes. Seems like the only right and fair thing to do for us second-class citizens.

Well, other than overturning the egregious federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)... and immediately finding the anti-gay votes in FL, CA, AZ and AR unconstitutional... thereby allowing us to pursue life, liberty and happiness like the rest of America.

Short of that, I guess I'll just go brew up some tea... and take my tax return to the post office...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your thought process and all of us here filed an extension. I wonder if Carl did?

Peggins